|The Rainbow Bistro Ottawa's Legendary Home of The Blues
Ottawa's Rainbow Bistro, located at 76 Murray St. in the Byward Market is known as Ottawa's Legendary Home of the Blues... with justification. This year The Rainbow will be celebrating it's 28th Anniversary of featuring National and International Blues Artists and Ottawa's finest local talent.
Since opening it's doors 1984, The Rainbow has built a solid reputation Internationally and throughout Canada as an excellent club to see favourite blues artists as well as being an outstanding venue and a "must stop" for musicians to perform at.
If you haven't checked us out or haven't been here lately, you owe it to yourself to get here soon and enjoy some great live music.
June 7, 2013 - Bushpilots 10th Anniversary Show
June 8, 2013 - Harmonica Night Featuring: Steve Marriner, Raoul Bhaneja, Mathieu Gagnon
Upcoming Highlights at The Rainbow
June 15, 2013 - JW-Jones Blues Band, Les Mosquitos
June 21, 2013 - Bringing Down The Wall: MCPA Benefit with Kevin Sayah, Saving Dafoe, Social Butterfly, The Way
June 22, 2013 - Papa Shango, The Wicks
June 28, 2013 - Jadea Kelly CD Release Party
July 6, 2013 - Jerome Tucker & Tim Bastmeyer
July 13, 2013 - Fire Belly Bluesfest After Party/Jam
July 20, 2013 - David Gogo
Live Entertainment Check our schedule out for details on upcoming shows.
The Rainbow Bistro celebrates 27 years of bringing live Local, National and International acts to it's stage featuring many types of music, particularily, the Blues. With entertainment 7 days a week and free matinée shows 5 days a week, The Rainbow features a diverse range of entertainment.
Our Weekly shows and Free Afternoon Matinées
In addition to being Ottawa's most active Blues bar, the Rainbow brings in a diverse range of entertainment from around the globe.
Alternative, Pop, Ska, Reggae, Country, Funk, R & B, Soul, Jazz, Rock, pretty well every musical style out there have all found a home at The Rainbow. From one person acoustic shows to full out 15 piece bands The Rainbow, has a time slot and entertainment style for everyone.
- 9 PM Mondays Open Acoustic Mic Night - Free!
- 4:20 Matinée Wednesdays with Dr Dave's Blues and Jazz Ensemble - Free
- 4:20 Matinée Thursdays Bi-Weekly rotation with: Linda Marie and Open Acoustic Mic Jam - Free
- 9 PM Thursdays is Reggae Night with Roots Movement - $7 Cover
- 4:20 Matinée Fridays it's Classic Rock with The Frank James Band - Free
- 4:20 Matinée Saturdays it's an open Jam or featured bands - Free
- Every Sunday we have our Open Blues Jam which is the longest running blues jam in the Nation's Capital (Entry is free for jammers, $3 for those coming to seek some of the best blues entertainment in Ottawa).
A Huge Thanks goes out to Jim Roy for previously keeping The Rainbow online and up to date for years and for his tireless support & contribution to the Ottawa Music Community and public.
Sorry It's Taken so long Jim!
Jim Roys Blues, Jazz & Swing Guide
Check back often, browse the schedule, sign the guestbook and above all, continue to support Live Music!